• 95+ hours of practice ice per season. Excellent coaching which focuses on individual game skills and hockey concepts. A coaching staff who believes that team success breeds individual success.
• 50 plus games against excellent competition.
• Exposure to elite competition in North America on a regular basis. Consistent exposure to Junior A and NCAA scouts. A proven path to higher levels of hockey.
• Participation in the North American Prospects Hockey League and the Colorado Tier 1 Hockey League.
• The Colorado Springs Amateur Hockey Association and our Tigers AAA program (formerly the Pikes Peak Miners) have achieved “Model Program” status from USA Hockey.
• An emphasis on education. Mandatory study times on the road, in hotels, and before practices. Grade checks and homework requests before each road trip.
• Tremendous off-ice training all season long. Our off-ice facilities (Skill Development Center and National Strength and Conditioning Association) are on par with NCAA D-1 facilities.
• Impeccable relationships with Jr. A and NCAA coaches as well as close ties to USA Hockey.
• A program philosophy that emphasizes player development and player advancement above all else.
• A stable, progressive, and established program. Our AAA program has been a fixture in the national landscape since 1992 and we have helped numerous players move on to Junior A, NCAA, and professional hockey.
• To be a part of a nationally recognized and well-respected program that has a reputation for “doing it right” and working tirelessly on behalf of our players regardless of what league they wish to graduate to after midget AAA hockey.
• Our AAA program has been recognized as a model hockey program on all fronts from the honesty and integrity that is the foundation of our program, to our focus on personal and team discipline, our no-nonsense recruiting practices, and the value we place on sportsmanship, player development and player advancement.
Billeting is a hockey tradition and an integral part of the Tigers AAA hockey program. For over 20 years student-athletes have been coming to the Pikes Peak region from all over the world to further their hockey careers in the Tigers organization. Since starting the program in 1992, we have hosted players from cities across the US, Canada, and Europe.
By opening up your house and heart to a player, you are providing a young man with the opportunity to achieve his dreams.The billeting experience, more often than not, is one that is as rewarding for the host family as it is for the player you are taking in for the hockey season. Many lifelong friendships between families are forged through the tradition of hosting a player.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions and Sample Player/Billet Contract below. If you are interested in hosting a player or simply learning more about becoming a host family, you may fill out the Billet Family Application or simply contact us via email or the number listed below.
Thank you for your consideration. See you at the rink!